Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Chicago


I would like to give a shout out to my husband. He’s such a humble guy and down plays his accomplishments. I just want him to know how proud I am of him. Tomorrow he is speaking at national conference in Chicago. He’s going to be speaking on contractual agreements at a federal/state level and rules & regulations for managed care contracts for surgical centers (a little over my head).

My husband has a MBA, RN, CPHQ. He’s a Regional Director for a hospital development/management company. He’s been working REALLY hard for the past four years and is truly thriving in the Texas market. It hasn’t been an easy road for us. He went to business school in Germany where he obtained an international MBA. He had an entirely different plan for his life than the one we’ve been living.

After we got married we relocated from San Francisco to his hometown New Orleans. He owned a beautiful home. We had an apartment across the bay that was less than 800 sq. ft. for $3,800/month in San Francisco. It was tiny but had access to the city and at night you could see the Golden Gate Bridge lit up. It was a fantastic experience that I’ll always cherish. We decided it was best to pack up and settle in Louisiana.

I fell immediately in love with the Big Easy. It was full of life, great music, and fantastic foods. The people were so easy going and loving. We began renovating our house and had an electrical fire in the kitchen. Then after we rebuilt the kitchen and finally finished painting and laying carpet; a tropical storm came and damaged our roof. The next year we were hit with Katrina. No house, no jobs, and were forced to relocate. Texans have been very welcoming and warm. But all our job contacts were back in New Orleans and that meant starting over. My husband never complained and always had a good positive attitude and stayed encouraged. He did whatever he had to rebuild what we had lost. I just want him to know how thankful and appreciative I am and what a lucky gal to be called his wife. I love you, Pookie!!!

No comments: