Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I'm ready to go home to New Orleans





Yesterday I talked to my in-laws back in NOLA. It's almost crawfish season, the weather is going to have a final snap before Mardi Gras, and the king cakes will start to appear in advertisements. I'm missing New Orleans. I'm so home sick I'm beside myself. Texas has been good to us but its nothing like being home. We miss our friends. Sure, Louisiana is a mess and is full of problems but they are "our" problems. You wouldn't understand if you haven't lived there. A total LOVE/HATE relationship. I'm so excited to go home for a few days. I'm going to not eat for a week so I can pig out when I'm there. I have hush puppies, po-boys, and beignets dancing in my head. Ah, New Orleans.....

2 comments:

Petunia said...

We just returned from NOLA where we ate so much delicious food it was insane! And we had King Cake while we were there!!! Woo-hoo!

midnight macaroons said...

I'm so jealous!!! I can't wait to go home and get some good food. I'm planning on gaining weight. Where did you get your King Cake? Gambinos?