Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Funky Pirate


I'm originally from California. My husband and I met and married out there. When we decided to get married he flew me out to New Orleans to meet his family and friends. My first night in NOLA they took me to the Funky Pirate. We danced and danced and I met "Big Al." I think I had more fun than anybody else because they introduced me to Pat O' Briens hurricane. If you haven't had a Pat O' Briens hurricane, you haven't experienced the French Quarter.

It was also during the Spring and I had my first taste of crawfish. I had never heard of crawfish before. They dumped out these ugly red bugs onto newspaper and I about fell out of my chair when I saw my husband rip its head off and sucked the juice out. But he talked me into trying one and now I'm a pro. I love Crawfish!!!

When I moved to New Orleans I thought I landed in another country. The accents, the spicy foods, the music, ah...the music. It's been 8 years since I moved from California. I wouldn't go back for the world. I love the South. And there is nothing better than a Bayou man. We plan on having lots of Southern cutie pies and I want them to love New Orleans as much as I do. No matter where we are living. This house is "LOUISIANA PROUD."

No comments: