Friday, April 3, 2009

Toxin free products

Today I’m going in for my routine facial and I happened to read Petunia’s blog. She touched on something that is really important to me regarding skincare products. She was discussing all the horrible cancerous toxins that are in our beauty products. About 5 years ago I attended a conference regarding how the toxin build up can affect our health. It was pretty scary and I shortly began changing my products over to organic toxin free. However, it wasn’t easy. There’s a lot more variety now than 5 years ago but the job was more overwhelming than I imagined it would be. I wasted a lot of money on terrible shampoos, toothpastes, body soaps, etc. After many years of dabbling with organic lines I came across these and absolutely love them. Even my husband likes them. For those who want to switch to a toxin-free lifestyle and haven’t a clue where to begin try these products (I would hate for anyone to waste time and money on those yucky organic lines as I did):



Jason natures body wash- I like the Lavender. It's silky suds are devine and it smells like fresh cut Lavender.




John Masters shampoo line is fabulous. I like Rosemary Lavender Shampoo and the Honey Hibiscus conditioner.



Living Nature is a skinline from New Zealand. It's awesome!!!



Tom's toothpaste is a flouride-free without a yucky taste. They even have a toothpaste for children. I've found it in our local grocery store.

Hope my list helps!!!

1 comment:

Petunia said...

Thanks for posting this. I've always been hesitant to try completely organic lines exactly because of the reasons you mentioned. I wondered how bad they were!!