Monday, April 13, 2009

Cajun Cornbread Stuffing


I made this for Easter brunch and it was the first thing to go. It was fantastic and I thought I would share this recipe with y'all. It's perfect for a side dish.

Cajun Cornbread Stuffing

2 pkg. yellow cornbread mix
1/2 c. unsalted butter
1/2 c. celery
1/2 c. bell pepper, chopped
1/2 lb. boiled and chopped hot sausage
1 lb. Louisiana wild-caught shrimp, peeled & de-veined (16-20 count)
1 lb. Louisiana crawfish tails, chopped
1/2 c. while milk
1 11-ounce can cream style corn
1/2 c. chicken broth
2 whole eggs, beaten
1 c. mild cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 c. parsley
Cajun Seasoning

1.) Bake cornbread, cool, then crumble with hands in bowl. Set aside.
2.) Melt butter in large saute pan, add onion, celery, and bell pepper, and simmer mixture until onions are clear.
3.) Add sausage and shrimp and cook 5 minutes in mixture.
4.) Then add milk & creamed corn, stir will into mixture.
5.) Add this point casserole will look dry so stir 1/2 c. of chicken broth.
6.) Finish casserole by folding ingredients into bowl of crumbled up cornbread. Fold in the beaten eggs, shreded cheese, and minced Italian parsley. Season with Cajun spice.
7.) Transfer mixture to a 11x14 "baking dish" and bake at 350 for 45 minutes until deep golden brown.

Laissez les bon temps roulet!!!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Oh...oopps! I didn't see the recipe on your blog when I left the last comment.

Oh my lanta... this looks so good! I think I'm going to make it next week for my grandparents. They are both from LA but they're living in San Antonio. They (and I) LOVE cajun food. I'll let you know how it turns out. Thanks for sharing.