Tuesday, April 7, 2009

My Living Room Inspiration

The #1 factor in choosing our house was location, location, location. We wanted to be in a certain neighborhood surrounded by the greenbelts. The parks and greenbelts give us a lot of privacy and the neighborhood is full of beautiful custom homes that were built back in the 80's. Most of the community is filled with engineers that work/retired with Exxon. Everyone has done a fabulous job upgrading/keeping up on their homes that it makes the neighborhood a jewel. We fell in love as soon as our realtor turned into the community. It reminds us of the charming neighborhoods in New Orleans.

The previous owner did upgrade the house but their taste is not our style. So I’m going to be remodeling. The kitchen has new disgusting wall paper that I’m ashamed to even photograph and post on my blog. It’s very blah…not even flowers but just plain tacky. I thought of hiring a crew to come in and remove it but I began finding some artistic patterns that I actually like. It will also bring in the old world feeling I’m trying to accomplish. I’m going to hire them to cover it up with this…


This is my inspiration for my new living room. I'm going to replace the couch with the red one I picked out and also the big oversized chair. I also have an antique chair that I'm going to have reupholstered in similar fabric as the chair. This has the same look as our things now but I have a couple of new modern pieces as well. Honestly, what do y’all think?

3 comments:

Jill said...

I love your inspiration. I can't wait to see your finished house. I know it's going to be so pretty!

Michelle said...

Love your inspiration room!

BTW, this is coming from a woman who still has evil thoughts about the previous owner of our house and their hideous wallpaper (which I took down...yes, there is therapy needed after that experience). The walls had not been primed correctly before the original install of the wallpaper so it was a huge mess to get it off and left me with a big mess on the sheetrock..my solution? Venetian Plaster...it was the perfect solution to cover up the imperfections in the walls and it can be tinted to any color you like and you can easily control the "variation" in the application. It has that Tuscan/Italian old world feel as well. I can't wait to see photos as you make your place your own!

Thanks for coming by Southern Somedays!!!

Petunia said...

Very pretty--I love the fabrics and colors!