Thursday, April 16, 2009

Spicy Meatloaf Recipe

This is my favorite meatloaf recipe. I'm not a big meatloaf fan and neither is my husband but we love this recipe. It's great with green beans and mash potatoes.

Spicy Meatloaf
2 lbs. ground beef
3/4 c. Italian bread crumbs
1 c. large sweet onion
1/2 c. ketchup
1/4 c. milk
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 tbsp. horseradish
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Topping
1/2 c. ketchup
3 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. prep. horseradish
2 tsp. spicy brown mustard

1.) Combine first 9 ingredients in a large bowl, stir well. Form the beef mixture into a loaf and place in a 9x5" loaf pan.


Now for Topping
2.) Combine 1/2 c. ketchup, brown sugar, 1 tbsp. horseradish, and mustard in a small bowl, blend together. Spoon half of ketchup mixture over top of loaf.
3.) Bake at 375 for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Spoon remaining ketchup mixture over meat loaf, and bak 10 more minutes.


The secret ingredients


Check out my salt & pepper shakers. I got them in the French Quarter. I'm a huge Jazz/Blues fan so they were appropriate for my kitchen.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Yum... I'm kinda hungry and it's late. Not a good combo.

I just tagged you on my blog. :)