Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My Grandmother


This is my Grandmother. She was an amazing woman. I valued her opinion and she always gave me great advice. I can still hear her words when I was about to start dating, "Every date is a potential husband. Don't waste your time with those who are not marriage material." She taught me to have standards. She also told me, "If you want to marry someone of great character, class, and integrity; then you, yourself, must possess those same character traits." It worked because my husband is the full package. I didn't get married until I was twenty five but I was careful whom I dated by sticking to my standards. I wish my grandmother would have met my husband. She passed away before I had an opportunity to introduce them. However, before she died I we had a long conversation about my future and the man I planned on marrying. My grandmother was special to me and always will be.

No comments: