Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Old Swan Hotel

It is only Tuesday evening and I'm already looking forward to Saturday. It has been a very hectic schedule and I do not see any relief approaching until the weekend. However, tomorrow I'm scheduling a little hour of down time. My down time consists of two very important things; a pot of Chamomile lose leaf and an episode of Poirot. I've purchased every episode that has been released to the public. I'm a huge Hercule Poirot fan. However, I'm only interested in David Suchet episodes. He makes a fabulous Poirot and I love his expressions with his witty humor. I believe I've seen every episode at least three times. My favorite episodes are with Caption Hastings, played by Hugh Fraser. They way they play off each other is hilarious. Not everyone understands why I love this little Belgium detective but I honestly feel that if he did exist we'd be very good friends.



I'm sure he was more realistic to Agatha Christie. She was such a talented author. It amazes me how many people do not know who she is. That's always a shock. However, less and less people read novels these days (shameful). Agatha Christie's books are truly a classic. I find her story plots more fascinating than an episode of CSI.


One day I would like to travel to London and to the English countryside. I would love to have high tea at the Old Swan Hotel. Did you know 1926, Agatha Christie hid out there? Yes, the entire country was looking for her. She checked herself into the hotel under a false identity by the name of, Teresa Neele. Everyone had thought she might have committed suicide after learning of her husband's infidelity. However, she was held up for eleven days coping with her divorce out of the public eye (I'd hate to be famous).

Let's a take a tour of the Old Swan Hotel in Harrogate, in Yorkshire, England.







Another place I'd like to see is Whitehaven Mansion located in London. This is where Poirot lived on the show. This is not only the character's home but his office as well. This would be a fantastic trip that I absolutely will be taking in the near future.




I hope everyone is having a fabulous week full of many wonderful things. Remember, always take time to find an hour or two to treat yourself to something that you enjoy doing. Life is too short not to enjoy the little things.

No comments: