Saturday, December 12, 2009

Stanton Hall

I have a true passion for plantation homes. That's one of the many things I love about the South. I could only dream to own/live in a plantation home one day. So until I actually get one I travel across the southern region visiting beautiful landmarks that have carved a special place in my heart.

This is the Stanton Hall Plantation House located in Natchez, Mississippi. The original owner was a cotton broker by the name of Federick Stanton. He had the house built between 1851-1857. Many of the gorgeous accents from the molding, marble fireplace mantels, wrought ironwork, were transported from Europe.


2 comments:

Jill said...

This is such a pretty house. I wish I could walk through it. The older homes have so much character.

Lexilooo said...

I love visiting plantation homes! I've only been to a few, in VA, but they were so, so lovely. I'm wondering if I may have been a southern belle in a former life :)