Thursday, May 21, 2009

Tennis anyone?


I'm really into tennis. I LOVE it! Before we moved from Austin I was playing on a league and attended weekly tennis classes. I played 4x week and played most Saturday mornings in doubles with my husband and another couple. But since we relocated to Houston I haven't played once.

Last week I joined a summer league through our local athletic club. However, my husband and I met some neighbors last weekend and I found out that the wife is on the tennis league at the country club. We're going to end up playing against each other this summer. That should be fun but I can see that she's just as aggressive as I am. The competition is going to get heated.

Y'all, I would be lying if I said I was playing for fun. I'm totally serious when I say...I want to win! I want to beat my neighbor so bad. She's a bit of a snob so sweet victory would make me very happy. I know, not a very nice thing to say. I try to be humble about the whole thing but something inside takes over. Like I have a little evil tennis monster living inside me. Does anyone else experience this? Doesn't have to be about tennis but anything that you find yourself competitive over. Well, I started my diet this week and I have weight training over the weekend. I'm seriously going after these matches like two guns blazing. What are your plans this weekend?

3 comments:

Jill said...

That's awesome... I SO hope you win!

midnight macaroons said...

Thanks Jill! I should get TEAM GIGI shirts made, LOL!!!

Petunia said...

That is so great that you are into tennis. I stink at tennis--well, probably because I never practice. You GO GIRL!!!