Saturday, May 30, 2009

Looking for advice on wall color

We have a wood wall very similar to the one in this picture. I don't like the wood and want to paint it but haven't decided what color. I've noticed in magazines they paint walls as such in a white or a cream color. But I don't want to look like everyone else and I really like darker colors. I have a lot of black and dark wood furniture in the living room. What do you think about the color they painted the wood wall behind the bed? And if I paint the wood wall this color what color do you think I should paint the living room walls. I was going to go with a darker yellow but now I really like the color of this wall and yellow will not do. Any suggestions what will look great with this color? How about the post below....the second picture posted. Look at the color of wall there and tell me if it will match the color in this post. What do y'all think?

4 comments:

Jill said...

I love the wall color behind the bed. Hmm... I'm not sure what color I'd paint the other walls in the room. Maybe the same color?

Petunia said...

I am not sure if I am following correctly, but if this wood wall is in the same room as the other walls to be painted, then I'd paint them all the same color.

I love the color that the wood wall is painted in that first picture. Two of my favorite neutrals are Benjamin Moore's Carrington Beige and BM Manchester Tan. Geez--I even have the names memorized! Carrington Beige reminds me of the bedroom color in your last post that you are referring to!

midnight macaroons said...

Thanks girls! You've been a huge help. I didn't think of painting the walls the same color. But I like the idea. Thanks for the paint colors, Petunia. I love them!!! I'm going to be running by the paint store to see if I can a little sample. Again, you both have been a BIG help.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

You probably saw my yardsale finds from last weekend in my Monday post. I don't usually go on Fridays & prefer Sat., seems like there are lots more on Sat., so that's when I go most of the time. Sometimes I do find a Friday sale too, but not all the time.

Have fun at the sales in your town!

Looks like you are going with a very monochromatic color scheme & that wood wall to me looks like a dark cream color, sort of Latte color. The wall color you choose could be the same or slightly darker or lighter if you want contrast. Just be sure you pick colors on the same strip or closely related & you should be fine.