Friday, July 10, 2009

Old pic's

We bought a new laptop and I've been trying to clean out the pictures from the old one. I came across a few file folders (pic's) that I completely forgot we had. I remember "Jill" over at Peeptoe Pumps and Pearls tagged me a few months ago. She asked if I could post a pic from my high school prom. I lost a lot of pictures during Katrina but I did find this picture on my laptop that I totally forgot I had. It's my Senior pic that was in my yearbook. So, I'm going to embarrass myself and post it for Jill. She shared her high school prom picture with me so it's fair to post my Senior pic for her. Hope y'all get a good laugh. Nice hair, huh...




Here's a couple other old photos I found ~ Come stroll with me down memory lane....

This is when my husband was working in the Emergency Room. This was taken right before he completed Grad School.


I remember this day. We drove over to the Oregon coast for the weekend (when we live in California). We stopped by a tiny Italian bistro we found and got it to go and had a picnic on the beach. It was the perfect afternoon because the weather was so nice.

This was taken in Paris. I remember we went in March and it was freezing. It was my hubby's birthday that day. We went to the Louvre and just a few feet from the exit was a great flea market. I picked up a ton of trinkets for my friends back home. That was a great trip.


Here's me at the D-Day Museum in New Orleans. If y'all are ever in the area it's worth seeing. We love going to museums (it's always a nice cool way to get out of the heat).

Christmas time in New Orleans!!! I miss living NOLA sooo much!!!


Our house in NOLA didn't have a pool so during the summer we'd check into the Le Pavillon or the Fairmont hotels in New Orleans. We'd hang out by the pool and order room service. Here I am as we are about to check out of the Le Pavillon. I loved leopard print back then. Nice bag, right? Why did I like this bag so much? Can't tell you....

That's hubby being so cool at NASA. That day was the hottest and humid day of my life. And we lived in New Orleans so that should tell you something. It's a toss on humid days between Houston/New Orleans.
Me at the HOB (House of Blues) in New Orleans. We attended the Gospel Blues Brunch. It was so much fun. They serve the best bread pudd'n....Yum!!!


Thanks for coming down memory lane with me. You can see how much my hair has changed over the years. Some of those hair styles, yikes!!! I have another folder I've kept of just pictures from when we lived in Austin. I'll share those another time. Have a great weekend....

3 comments:

Mel said...

I LOVE Paris! Hated to leave! And...I cannot wait to visit New Orleans...it is on our list as soon as we make the move to TN! :)

Petunia said...

I loved seeing all of your old pictures! So fun! And that is the best senior picture I have ever seen!
I love Le Pavilion--they have the best suites there. One of my sisters had her wedding reception there, so we all stayed in the various suites and each is decorated in a totally different style. I posted a pic of my sister and I on her birthday back in Feb. and we are in her Le Pavilion suite in the pic with a gorgeous stained glass window behind us.

Jill said...

Ahhh... I love your high school photo. You are so pretty! Thanks for sharing.

Great trip down memory lane. You have so many great photos, trips, and memories!

I want to visit the D-Day Museum SO bad. Next time I'm in NOLA, I'm going. My Pawpaw (the one with only 200 cell phone minutes) has a brick at the D-Day Museum. I've got to see it and take photos.