Saturday, July 25, 2009

Houston Grand Opera

My hubby surprised me with season tickets to the Houston Opera. It's been years since we have been to the opera. We use to belong to the San Francisco Opera and the New Orleans Opera. But once we moved to Austin we sort of stop attending. We went to other music venues in Austin. Austin has a lot of music concerts/festivals but it's always nice to be able to enjoy the arts. That's one of the pros of living in a large city. There's always fine art events that you can take advantage of.

I'm so excited because two of our favorites are going to be in this season's line up. I'm so thrilled about seeing Tosca and Xerxes. I'm a big fan of Tosca; Xerxes sounds like a romantic mess to me. Tosca has more of an interesting synopsis and has beautiful music. You know the newest Bond movie, Quantom of Solace, Bond is at the opera listening the plan unfold by the political evil villains. They were watching, Tosca !!! Just a little tidbit of information for you.




2 comments:

Jill said...

Oh how fun! What a great surprise from your hubby!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

How romantic!