Sunday, January 2, 2011

My New Year's Resolution

Today is not only the second day of the New Year but also my first post of 2011. I thought I'd kick off my 2011 blog post with my New Year's Resolution. My resolution might seem to be a bit odd but to me it's very important. It's something I've missed in the past two years I've spent in Houston. My afternoon tea time. Yes, sounds a bit silly but oh how much I miss that tranquility. I use to treasure that time to sit down and savor a nice blend of Earl Grey.

When I lived back in Austin I use to host afternoon tea every Thursday afternoon. At times it seemed to be overwhelming as I juggled my schedule but it always paid off once everyone arrived. Catching up over a hot cup of tea made life that much more pleasurable. In Houston, things have been insanely busy and I have not hosted not one afternoon tea party. Not alone that it's hot and humid nearly 8 months out of the year. Who would want a hot cup of tea when the humidity level is at 90%?!!!

I'm looking forward to our relocation and enjoying those four seasons again. I'm positive that I'll be getting to know new friends over a nice cup of tea. What are your resolutions for the approaching year?



“A woman is like a tea bag, you can not tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water” ~ First Lady Nancy Reagan



“Love and scandal are the best sweeteners of tea.” ~Henry Fielding




“Each cup of tea represents an imaginary voyage" ~Catherine Douzel







"The spirit of the tea beverage is one of peace, comfort and refinement" ~ Arthur Gray





“You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me”
~ C.S. Lewis



4 comments:

Jo said...

Tea time sounds wonderful! There was a sweet tea shop not far from us that my friends and I would visit during the summer. Sadly, they have closed.

I am working on my "goals" for the year this evening.

Enjoy ~
Jo

Ruth said...

That sounds like a wonderful resolution.

GamecockQueen said...

How FABULOUS!!! I love that idea.

Can't wait to get some updates about the big move!!

kay said...

I love your resolution!!That is by far the best I have read or heard!