Saturday, January 8, 2011

A Dog's Life

I was searching for something online and came across a dog house that blew my mind. I didn't even know dog houses like these exist. I've seen dog houses but nothing so luxurious as something like those posted below. My poor childhood pup often slept on the hardwood floor when I was growing up. My father would have laughed at the thought of building one none the less purchasing such a house for our pooch. And my grandfather would have thought I was insane to suggest such a thing. Yes, things have certainly changed these days from when I was kid. As I was looking over these impressive dog houses the theme song from The Jeffersons kept rolling through my mind.



This is just an adverage modest home with a nice pool in back.




I'm going to have to say that this reminds me of the Real Pups of the OC.




This dog house reminds of the White House. I wonder if all the First Dogs have something similar. However, the downside would be that "we the people" would be picking up his tab.






Very Victorian. I think the Cocker Spanial is the perfect breed to live in this adorable house.


This pup looks as if he should be living in Miami.





And finally in honor of my Swiss friend. I included a Swiss dog house. I have to admit I consider this to be the finest one of them all. Did you notice the Swiss flag in the background? Very clever indeed.

Puts a whole new meaning for "in the dog house" doesn't it? I hope y'all enjoyed the little tour of dog houses as much as I did. I would love to hear your thoughts and what house you liked the best.

4 comments:

Jo said...

This is hysterical!
Please don't let Bozley and Bentley know we are holding out on them. Sadly, I think they are slumming it if this is the new standard. :)

Thanks for the giggle ~
Jo

Michelle said...

Wow...I think I need a dog house!!!!

Ruth said...

Wow! I think some of those might be better than my house. ha!
Maybe that is why Belle won't even aknowledge her dog house it isn't fine enough. :)

Unknown said...

Good morning from Tokyo! I found you through my friend below, Ruth. I've heard of pet mansions before, but my Lord are they something else! We live in a itty apartment at the moment so pets are most definitely out...but even if we lived in a normal sized home, I'm not sure how I'd feel about our pet living in something grander than ours. Ha!

Best to you in 2011...

Warmly,

Elizabeth