Monday, November 30, 2009

Houston Ballet


This morning I checked my e-mail and the Houston Ballet has sent their upcoming events for 2010. In the line up is La Bayadere!!! I can't wait!!! La Bayadere is a Russian ballet. I'm not sure why but I'm always drawn to Russian things. I love the language, ballet, symphony, opera and art. And I'm extremely intrigued by Russian history such as the Romanov's. I've always wanted to visit the Pushkin museum of art in Moscow and see an opera at the Mussorgsky (aka: Mikhailovsky theatre) Opera house in St. Petersburg. Perhaps one day.....

The music/dancing in La Bayadere is absolutely beautiful. It also has an amazing wardrobe. The plot is filled with jealousy, envy, affairs, murder, and a haunting. It's a great ballet to see and will be a fantastic way to start off 2010.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Fun! Houston has the best shows. Did you know NYC has the most theater seats in the USA and Houston is #2? I love that!

midnight macaroons said...

No, I didn't know that. Wow! However, I read that NYC has the most fortune 500 companies in the nation and Houston is #2. There's all sorts of industry in Bayou city that I wasn't aware of.