Monday, October 5, 2009

The Flu & House Hunters

I have the nasty flu. I have the chills, fever, & aches. I hate being sick. I know I got this horrible virus from my hubby. He's been sick all weekend with the flu too. It's bad enough when one person in the house is sick but the other....urgh!


I'm wide awake and can't sleep. It's nearly midnight and I'm watching House Hunters. I'm addicted to this show. Why? Have no idea. I'm obsessed with international House Hunters. I would love to buy a villa or beach cottage as a vacation home. There's so many wonderful places to visit. I use to want to buy property down in Costa Rica but in the past 10 years it's become too commercialized (too many Americans).


I think if I were going to buy a vacation home I would buy a villa outside of Madrid, Spain. Spain is awesome, food, clothes, shopping, and sights. We were suppose to go last year to Barcelona, Spain with another couple but were were right in the middle of our move. They had a fantastic time. I wish we could have gone but I'm sure we'll be able to go soon. Where would you buy your vacation home?

2 comments:

Jill said...

I'm so sorry you and your hubby have had the flu. Yuck! The flu is going around TX more than usual. I thought I had it last week but it ended up just being a bad headache.

Second home~ that would be wonderful. I'd like a home in London. Hey, if I end up with a home in London and you're in Spain we'll have to visit each other. :)

midnight macaroons said...

Oh, I've been wanting to visit London for a couple of years now. I'm a huge Hercule Poirot fan and they have a Poirot tour in London that I've been dying to go on. AND of course you'd have an open invitation to my villa :)