Thursday, August 5, 2010

IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL

Have you ever been around someone who complains constantly? They are never happy. If they buy a new car, it's the wrong color. If they go on vacation, they don't like the weather. If you go out to dinner, the food is not good. It goes on and on. I have a family member who drives me insane. I try to avoid her as often as I can because she's like a wet blanket. There's no way to appease her. I feel sorry for her because she has a lot to be thankful for but she'll never have true joy in her life. It's a choice to have joy or to be dissatisfied in life.

God has been truly wonderful to me. I can't say I've had an easy life but I've had a blessed one. I've had trails and hardships but I've always come through them stronger and blessed than before. I'm grateful to God for what He has done for me. No matter what I'm going through good or bad, I know I'm never alone. No matter the size of the obstacles that challenge me, I know that there is a way. No matter my darkest hour, I know that light will appear once again. I know this to be true because I've talked to Him, I've walked with Him, and I've got to know Him. Have you stopped and thanked God for what He has done for you today? Do you have a shelter? Do you have clothes? Do you have food? Do you have clean water? Do you have A/C? Do you have a job? Do you have family? Do you have your health? Do you have your freedom? How often do I hear people complain about what they desire and rarely hear what they are thankful for. Today I'm going to be content and joyful for the life I have.

No comments: