Monday, June 21, 2010

Wimbledon

This afternoon, while housecleaning, I managed to squeeze in a few matches. I'm a tennis lover and the best thing besides playing is watching Wimbledon. Wimbledon is one of the oldest tennis tournaments in the world. It's held at the All England Club in Wimbledon (a suburb on the outskirts of London).

The tournament starts late June and plays through early July. It's the only grass court tournament that is still active today since 1877. The All England Lawn Tennis is a private club founded in 1868. The Championship was first televised in 1937.

The Americans did a fantastic job. My favorite tennis pro is Andy Roddick. He lives in Austin, Texas. Roddick won his match against Rajeev Ram. Go Andy!!!

I managed to catch the match between Venus and Rossana De Los Rois. It was a close match. De Los Rois is 34 years old. That's getting up there for pro tennis. She did a great job. I was sort of torn between the two in this match. I really like Rossanna De Los Rois but Venus is American. Venus is also from my home state, California. Venus won!















No comments: