Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Wimbledon and Antiques

I hope everyone had a lovely holiday weekend. Ours started off very wet. Houston had a terrible storm on Friday that caused much flooding. We thought it was going to spoil our holiday plans but Sunday morning turned out to be sunny and so the festivities continued. I especially enjoyed having my husband off work for the past couple of days. It's nice to see him get some down time. Last week it was a stressful one at work so he enjoyed relaxing this extended weekend.



Did anyone catch Wimbledon? Rafael Nadal played amazingly and won the Wimbledon championship. I was concerned about his knee injury but it didn't stop him from defeating Tomas Berdych. He was so excited he did a cute little somersault at the end. I just love watching Wimbledon. I know exactly how Nadal felt after his victory match. I have felt like doing a somersault when I played on my league last year. However, I refrained myself. It wouldn't have been considered as cute as Nadal on the court. Congrats and well done to Nadal.

My husband really wants a library and study in our next house. That's right, we'll probably be moving soon. That's why I've been buying new furniture. I've been getting rid of the old and replacing it with new. Well, I suppose you could say new to us. Mostly antiques is what I've been purchasing. I wish there was no limit on my budget but I live in a more realistic world where I can only drool over websites such as Christie's. I can't imagine how exciting it must be to attend an auction at Christie's. The artwork, antiques, crystal, silver would have my head spinning out of control. I just wished my husband felt the same. He would be happy eating off a paper plate and think nothing of it. Actually he would. He would think of all the money he was saving, ha.

This is what I'm in the process of shopping for. By the way I found my sconces and will post on them as soon as they arrive. What do you think? I like the style of everything below but it will be a job to track them down. Or at least something very similar.



















On another note, I would also like to thank my dearest blogging friend, Trish. She is a truly fantastic gal. She has such style and such a fun personality. I really enjoy her blogging friendship and she recently gave me a blogging award. I want to take this opportunity to properly thank her because I've had a busy schedule and haven't been blogging much. Thank you, Trish!!! Stop by her blog and say hi pinkpreppylillylover.blogspot.com you'll love her blog Pink Preppy Lilly Lover.


1 comment:

Jill said...

Great choices for your library. I love the rug. The colors are so warm and rich!

Paper plates, huh??? So funny!!!