Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Gene Marshall


Y'all know how much I enjoy collecting silkstone retro Barbie's. I've fallen in love with Gene Marshall dolls. They are so beautiful. I adore the chic and classic clothing of the 1940's. I think that was a great era for fashion. That's when people actually put a little pride in their appearances. I wish we could bring the hat back into men fashion. Didn't men in the 40's look sharp? And all the beautiful dresses and skirts were gorgeous.

Yesterday I was out shopping and saw this girl wearing skinny jeans. Not that I have a problem with skinny jeans but there was nothing skinny about this girl. Her gut looked like a donut in those jeans and when she bent over...well, let's just say she could have a future in plumbing, GROSS! What's sad is that this happening more and more. It's like people just don't care about looking like slobs. Honestly, I don't have a body like Heidi Klum so I try to wear things that are flattering for my body type. Common sense, right?

And is there a shortage on irons that I'm not aware of? Is it me or does anyone else notice wrinkled shirts that looks like they slept in them? I can't tell you how many times I've seen wardrobe inappropriateness in the work place from people who should know better. Seriously people! Oh that reminds me of an old SNL clip of Will Ferrell. He shows up to the office "casual Friday" in nothing but a thong and t-shirt, LOL! Y'all, this is a true story! I went to visit a client (well known company) and the COO was wearing a Snoop Dog T-Shirt!!! I didn't know if I should bust out laughing or start crying. I mean, you're the COO for goodness sakes! No wonder your company was having issues and needed consulting services. Uh, I have an idea, let's start with the dress code (rolling my eyes). Now that's just sad when Snoop Dog is considered business attire in corporate America. I mean Snoop Dog was so 10 years ago; Jay Z would have been at least up to date, LOL!!! Sometimes I feel like I'm Alice in Wonderland and I work at the tea party......

3 comments:

Petunia said...

That's one of the reasons I love watching Mad Men! They look so cool and elegant in their 60's fashions.

Michelle said...

Oh, girl! You are preaching to the chior!!!

It is a shame that there seems to be an entire generation that will not know how to tie a tie!

Have a wonderful weekend.

Jill said...

Ha Ha! I love this. I was just telling someone how gross and sloppy teenagers dress these days. What's with the baggy lumber jack shirts? I love dressing up, everyday of the week.