Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fairview Inn

Hi y'all. I'm sorry I haven't been around much but it has been one thing after another around here. I'm still trying to put the final touches on the house. Every time I think I'm close to being finished I find about a million new things I need to do. However, on the bright side I'm closer to being completed than I was yesterday. I'll be posting pictures really soon.

Not to change the subject but has anyone read the book, The Help, by Kathryn Stockett? The story takes place in my new hometown of Jackson, Mississippi. The book was such a big hit that they just completed filming the movie. It hits the theaters this August.

Today my husband took me to the Fairview Inn for my birthday lunch. The Fairview was actually referenced in the book. We had a lovely brunch overlooking the gardens. I managed to snap a few pictures to share with y'all.

The Fairview Inn was built for Cyrus C. Warren. He was the owner of Warren-Goodwin Lumber Company. The house was built by the architectural firm of Spencer and Powers. The Fairview Inn was designed with a Colonial Revival style.


Sorry about the vehicles parked in the front. There was a ladies bridge club that was meeting this afternoon. I'll have to swing by one day and try to get a better picture when it's not so busy.



I love the front porches. Aren't those rockers fabulous!!!



Love the details











In 1913, the property was purchased by Felix Gunter. Mr. Gunter was the President of the Jackson Board of Trade. The property was then sold to W.E. Guild in 1921. W.E. Guild was the Treasure of the Finkbine Lumber Company.


It was the Guilds who remodeled the house and added the English gardens. The property was purchased by a handful of owners until the current owners, Peter and Tamar Sharp, purchased it in 2006.





This is the side garden










Stepping inside the foyer



The book, The Help


Gorgeous antique chandelier









Beautiful study




Look at those lamps






Look what I stumbled across. It's a Civil War chess set.


The Confederacy


I didn't have the opportunity to take pictures of the restaurant itself. There were guests dining at the time. The name of the restaurant is called, Sophia's. It's a fabulous setting and they have fantastic food. They named the restaurant after their daughter.



Look at the awesome Birthday cake


White Chocolate Cream Cake...YUMMY!!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful big haus, decoration... I lake it!
I hope you had a lovely time in this wonderful space.

Happy Birthday dear!

GamecockQueen said...

AWW!! Happy Birthday!! That is a great birthday lunch and what a beautiful cake!! Makes me hungry just looking at it. I'm pretty impressed that you got to go to Fairview for lunch. It looks interesting! Although I just liked, not loved, The Help, I'm looking forward to the movie. The book was a tad bit slow, but I still enjoyed it a lot.
Enjoy your birthday week!!

Ruth said...

Happy Birthday!!
I just finished The Help over the weekend it was great. I can't wait for the movie this summer