Sunday, April 10, 2011

Blogging Break

I'll be taking a little blogging break as we prepare for a big move. I couldn't be more excited to start this next chapter in our lives. We were suppose to relocate a couple of months ago but a fantastic opportunity presented itself (work related) so we delayed our big transition. However, the time has arrived and I'm eager to explore my new town, settle into my new house, meet new friends, and visit with old ones. We have deep roots in the Mississippi/Louisiana region and as wonderful as Texas has been to us; we are ready to go home. It's been a long journey and I'm grateful for the time we had but Dorthy from the Wizard of Oz couldn't have said it better, "There's no place like home." The Mississippi Delta represents just that to us. If it's Mississippi or Louisiana...It's home. Although I've been working on preparing by packing. I still have much more to do before the movers arrive on the big day. On top of that we are tying up loose ends in Texas, running our business, and we have scheduled a vacation. I'll be visiting three states in the next two weeks. I have bags, boxes, and suitcases in nearly every room. It's a bit maddening at the moment. The next time I blog in I'll be able to share with y'all my new home. Have a wonderful few weeks until I visit you soon.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

I can't wait to hear y'all have arrived in Jackson. Have safe travels.

GamecockQueen said...

I'll miss reading your blog until you return!! Can't wait for an update :-)

Michelle said...

Well, know that you are missed here in blogland!!! I have been thinking so much about y'all and hope all is going smoothly, especially with all the crazy weather (tornadoes and flooding). (((hugs)))