Monday, March 7, 2011

Sorry I've been MIA


While on a trip over to Jackson house shopping my husband decided to use the hotel gym. He began running on the treadmill and something snapped in his foot. The following day he could hardly walk. We ended up cutting our trip short as I drove us back to Houston so he could see a doctor. They ran x-rays and found absolutely nothing. They agreed that he must have sprained it.

Over the course of about 3 weeks he has been limping around. I've asked him to take a few days off from work but getting my husband to stand still for 24 hours is asking a lot let alone multiple days. However, this past Monday I received a call from my husband from work. He said he was in so much pain he didn't think he could drive. I rushed him over to a doctor who referred us to a Orthopedic Surgeon. We were worried that he had cracked or broken a bone his foot. After two x-rays and an MRI later we found out that he had a torn legament. My husband once broke his collar bone while mountain biking (before we got married) and he said it hurt worse than that. I can only imagine how painful it must have been for him.

The doctor requested that he take off the entire week from work and keep his foot elevated. I've been after my husband to take time off and just relax for months. He's self employed so asking him to take a week off is like asking for one of his kidneys. We've cancelled 3 vacations the past twelve months.

This past week I played nurse and turned off his phone and took away his laptop. He wasn't very happy with me at first but after a few hours he fell into a deep sleep. I noticed a big change by the end of the week. He really looked rested and his foot began healing quite quickly. I think we Americans tend to push ourselves to the point of our bodies screaming for down time. When we don't give ourselves rest I believe that we become so run down we get sick or injured. It's ridiculous that I've allowed my husband to get to this point. I'm angry at myself that I didn't put my foot (ha, ha) down sooner. My husand has agreed to take a vacation in two weeks. Now I have to decide where we are going to go.


To reward me for being such a good nurse he bought me this! Rebel T2i EOS 550 that I've been begging for. I'm so excited but I'm still trying to learn how to use it. It's much more advanced than my last camera. I absolutely love it!!!



On Friday we were both suffering from cabin fever being trapped indoors all week. We decided to attend the Houston Rodeo. If y'all are ever in Houston during the rodeo you must attend. It's so much fun. The Houston Rodeo is the largest rodeo in the world. It brings in over two million visitors each year. I took several pictures that I'm eager to share with y'all. I first have to download the cd to my computer before transferring my pictures. I'm going to ask my husband to help me figure out how to transfer those pictures so I can post them this evening.


Sunday we had tickets for the ballet. Marie Antionette was one of the best productions I've seen yet. It was a fabulous ballet and I can't say enough good things about it. The costumes were stunning as well as the set. And the orchestra did a fine job too. All and all this was one of my favorite ballets I've seen. The Houston ballet did a fantastic job. Hats off to Director Stanton Welch. He did an amazing job putting this production together.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I hope his foot is better