Monday, October 11, 2010

Feeling Stressed

It's been a very stressful past couple of days. Last Thursday my husband and I were in a car accident. Thankfully nobody was seriously hurt but the car was totaled. We are currently dealing with insurance companies, rental cars, and now shopping for a new vehicle. We count our blessings that we are still alive. However, this truly was a terrible time for all this to happen. My husband took the LSAT (admissions test for law school) on Saturday. It's a very intense test and I felt horrible for him as we were trying to deal with this mess on top of preparing for the big day. However, he feels like he did good and I'm confident he did an amazing job. We will be receiving the score back in the next 20 days.

I don't know how y'all handle stress but I've been reading a book called, Stress Less, by Don Colbert, MD.. I picked up the book about a week ago and it has really come in handy at the moment. DR. Colbert is a Christian and discusses how important our perception of our problems effect our mental, physical, and spiritual health. It's true, I believe that anger, bitterness, unforgiveness, depression, anxiety can lead to cancer and other illnesses that can rot the body from the inside out. I've seen many people become in bondage to fear and anger and watch their health deteriorate. With our nation under so much at the moment I can understand how depression has overwhelmed so many families. But you can find peace and joy even during the most stressful times in your life. You can't always control stressful situations in life but you can control your attitude. I highly recommend this book.




One of the biggest stress relievers in life is to take time out to enjoy the things that you love. As for me it would be antiques. I love antiques. Look at all this gorgeous antique silver. What I wouldn't do to get my hands on it. Such lovely pieces for a tablescape.






2 comments:

GamecockQueen said...

Yikes! What an awful week! Glad everyone is OK. Hopefully at least car shopping is a little bit fun? I hope so anyways.

And good luck to hubby on the GRE!

The silver is gorgeous :-)

Jill said...

Oh my gosh... my heart sank when I read y'all were in a car accident. I'm SO glad y'all are okay. That is really scary. I'll say extra prayers of thanksgiving tonight that y'all were okay.

Thanks for the book rec. I really need to read that book but I don't know if I have the time. Hmm... that's the problem!