Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I Struck Gold!!!

I've started hunting down silver pieces for my serving collection. It has taken me years and I'm most grateful for what I do have. However, I'm always searching for more. It's a sickness, LOL! I hope to one day have a beautiful collection, along with fabulous table linens, that can be passed down from generation to generation.
So, last Thursday I headed up north to some out of the way country towns. These were not just country towns but RURAL USA. You know the type, "You ain't from around here, are ya?" That's where I was, y'all. Now most people would pull off at the local McDonald's & gas station and get back on the highway without so much taking a second glance. But not me. You see I know that this is a treasure hunt and I have a better opportunity to strike gold in a little hole in the wall rather then Houston, Austin, or Dallas. Those city antique dealer's know exactly what they have and how much to charge for profit. Well, I struck gold!!! I found a serving set for only $6.00!!! I recognized this set from a ritzy hospitality book I was thumbing through last week. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw them laying in a small glass dish. I was floored that they were only charging $6.00 for the set. I turned them over and embossed on the back stated, "Made in England." I wish I knew the company who made them. Excuse the spots. I'm going to be polishing my silver over the weekend. I love acquiring silver but cleaning it, well, that's another story.







No comments: